Thursday 27 May 2010

Saying my goodbyes

There is a party in the house tonight so that I can say goodbye to all the new friends I have made on my first visit to India. Varun's (the director of iSpiice) dad is a silversmith and has just travelled from Palampur to bring me a beautiful silver necklace with a moonstone set in silver. I only met him this morning and he set to in his workshop to make it and deliver it before I leave early in the morning. How cool is that!

The farmer has made a gift of an incredibly beautiful silk salwar kameeze in a rose pink, the trousers are very full and I feel like an extra in Aladdin and his Lamp paddling through the house.

So, I will leave with mixed feelings. The work has been challenging, the heat exhausting but the memories and friendships I hope will last a lifetime.

My next port of call, the Taj Mahal at 6.00am on Saturday morning, I have heard the marble turns pink as the sun is rising, we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment